Why (and When) You Need to Hire a Disability Lawyer
How do you know if you need to hire a disability lawyer?
Do I need to hire a disability lawyer? When should I hire a disability lawyer? What are the benefits of hiring a disability lawyer? Will hiring a disability lawyer help me win my
These may be questions you’ve been asking yourself – or others – if you’re dealing with a disability claim. People hire a disability lawyer for several reasons, some being:
- To help handle the disability application paperwork
- To follow up with the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- You typically don’t have to pay attorney fees unless you win your disability case
Navigating the disability system can be difficult, time-consuming and frustrating if you go it alone. An experienced disability lawyer can help you sift through the paperwork, offer clarity, communicate with the SSA effectively and better your chances of winning your case.
The benefits of hiring a disability lawyer can go on and on, but it’s important to know when you need a disability lawyer to represent you in your case. The following list of ways a disability lawyer can help you will assist you in determining if you need a disability lawyer for a successful outcome.
How a Disability Lawyer Can Help You
- Disability lawyers can help you fill out all forms
- Disability lawyers can file your initial claim completely, accurately and quickly
- Disability lawyers will file any appeals completely, accurately and quickly
- Disability lawyers will evaluate your case and answer any questions you may have
- Hiring a disability lawyer can strengthen your case by referring you to additional doctors
- SSDI and SSI Disability lawyers monitor and notify you of your case progress at the Social Security Administration
- Your disability lawyer will strengthen your claim with updated records, reports and evidence
- Your disability lawyer will professionally and expertly handle all aspects of the hearing
- Prepare you for the questions and topics that will come up at your hearing, and address any issues you are concerned about
- Disability lawyers will fight for your case at the hearing
- Your disability lawyer will give an opening and closing statement, cross-examine any experts and witnesses, etc.
- Disability lawyers will ensure the SSA calculates your benefits correctly
Each case is different, but a disability lawyer can help you in a variety of ways if you’re trying to navigate the disability system. The Social Security Administration (SSA) does not require you to hire a disability lawyer to represent you, but doing so can help you file paperwork and handle appeals with increased ease.
The major advantage of hiring a disability lawyer is that you’re receiving qualified assistance from a professional in that area of law. When you’re supported by the knowledge, education and experience of a qualified disability lawyer, you are more likely to find success with your case.
Call the disability lawyers at Bander, Bander & Alves in Concord, Massachusetts for your free consultation and any further assistance you may need. We are more than happy to help point you in the right direction or represent you. We are experienced disability lawyers as well as social security disability lawyers who can help, so don’t hesitate to give us a call today!